This article describes why a member of a Groove domain
may not appear in an Add Contact or Add Groove Contact search of the domain
There are four possible reasons why a member could be missing
from the domain directory. These reasons are as follows:
- Domain users may be using Groove Workspace 2.5b or an earlier
version of Groove to search for the member. Versions of Groove that are earlier than Groove Workspace 2.5c have difficulty searching the Groove domain. Update all domain users to your current version of Groove.
- The member may have an unsynchronized computer associated
with his or her account. This situation causes general communication problems in Groove.
You should ask the member to review the computer listing by following these
If the list includes an unsynchronized computer, have the
member remove the unsynchronized computer from the computer list. Alternatively, have the member log
on to Groove from that computer.
- In Microsoft Office Groove 2007 or Groove Virtual Office 3.x, click Preferences on the
Options menu, and then
click the Account tab.
- In Groove Workspace 2.x, click Go To,
and then click My Computers.
- The member may not have contacted the
management server. You should confirm that the member actually configured the Groove account
and logged on to it at least one time. Accounts are not listed in the domain
directory until the accounts have contacted the management server.
- The member may have been inactive for some time. The search
list of the domain directory lists only active accounts. If an account is
offline for too long, the account no longer appears in the search list. This
time-out occurs after 30 days for domains that are using default Enterprise Management
Server settings, and after 15 days for domains that are using Microsoft Office Groove Manager Server 2007 and domains that are using Microsoft Office Groove Enterprise Services.
Note You can
change this default value in Groove Manager 2007 or Enterprise Management Server. To do this,
follow one of the following sets of steps:
Enterprise Management Server
- In Enterprise Management Server, select the domain that you want, and then
click Domain Properties.
- Under Domain Setup, change the number
value for Remove members from searchable directory of domain members
after __ days.
As soon as the member logs in again and makes contact with the
management server, the domain directory lists the account again.
- In Groove Manager 2007, select the domain that you want, and then
click Domain Properties.
- Under Domain Settings, change the number
value for Number of days that members can be inactive before being removed from the domain’s contact directory.