When you try to use Windows Genuine Advantage in Microsoft Windows XP, you receive error messages. This article contains step-by-step instructions that you can use to try to resolve this problem and to use the Windows Genuine Advantage validation process.
This article is intended for a beginning to intermediate computer user.
You may find it easier to follow the steps if you print this article first.
When you try to use Windows Genuine Advantage validation on a Windows XP-based computer, the validation process is unsuccessful. Additionally, you receive one or more of the following error messages:Error message 1Error message 2
This problem occurs if you do not have the correct permissions to run Windows Genuine Advantage. To resolve this problem, follow these steps.
Step 1: Restart in safe mode
- Restart the computer.
- When the startup screen is displayed, press F8.
- Use the arrow keys to select a safe mode option for your Windows XP installation, and then press ENTER.
Step 2: Adjust Windows Genuine Advantage permissions for users
- After the computer is restarted, click Start, click Run, type the following command, and then click OK:
%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Windows Genuine Advantage
- In the Windows Genuine Advantage folder window, right-click the Data folder, and then click Properties.
- In the Data Properties dialog box, click the Security tab, and then click Users (Computername\Users) in the Group or user names section.
- In the Permissions for Users section, make sure that each check box in the Allow column is selected for the following permissions:
- Read & Execute
- List Folder Contents
- Click OK.
Step 3: Try Windows Genuine Advantage validation again
For more information about Windows Genuine Advantage and to start the Windows Genuine Advantage validation process, visit the following Microsoft Web site: