You connect to a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
site or to a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 site. When you view a Web
page in the site, a Web Part is not displayed on the Web page. Instead, the
following error message is displayed:
Web Part Error:
Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The Web page contains a Web Part for a list
- Unique permissions are set for the list.
- You do not have permissions to view the list.
This problem occurs regardless of whether the list view contains
To work around this problem, use one of the following
- Create an audience in SharePoint Server 2007. Then, target
the Web Part to the audience. When you do this, only users who are members of
the audience can view the Web Part.
- Use the IRuntimeFilter interface to control whether the Web Part is displayed on the
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the IRuntimeFilter
interface, visit the following Microsoft Web site: