This article describes the minimum system requirements for Microsoft Office Accounting Express.
You can use Accounting Express together with the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, Premium Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2, Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2, Premium Edition
If you want to install the program on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, you may have to perform additional configuration tasks. For more information, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) processor
- 512 megabyte (MB) of random access memory (RAM)
Free hard disk space
- 2 gigabytes (GB) of free hard disk space
If you want to install Accounting Express on a computer that is also running Microsoft SQL Server 2005, at least 2 GB of free hard disk space is required. Additional hard disk space is required to store company data.
- Video adapter and monitor that have 1024 x 768 resolution
- 128 kilobit per second (Kbps) broadband connection for the download and the activation of the product
- To use the integrated Microsoft Office features in Accounting Express, the appropriate Microsoft Office XP program or a later version must be installed.
- When you install Accounting Express, Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005 is also installed on the computer.
- The following third-party services are available if you pay additional fees:
- Equifax Credit Reporting
- PayPal Payments
- Marketplace services
- Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP) payroll
- Credit card processing
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.