When you merge accounts or contacts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0, you receive the following error message:
A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be created. Select one or more unique values and try again.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- One of the accounts or contacts contains one or more addresses in the More Addresses section of the record.
- The value in the AddressNumber 2 field for the account or contact was deleted.
This problem is fixed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Update Rollup 2. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update Rollup 2 is available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
To verify that the value in the AddressNumber 2
field was deleted, follow these steps:
- Open SQL Query Analyzer on the server that is running Microsoft SQL Server and that stores the Microsoft Dynamics CRM databases.
- Run the following query against the OrganizationName_MSCRM database.
select * from customeraddressbase where parentid='<AccountID>'
- The OrganizationName placeholder represents the organization name.
- The <AccountID> placeholder represents the account or contact identifier of the master record that you try to merge.
- View the results of the query.
Note If the value in the AddressNumber 2 field was deleted, the value in the AddressNumber column is not 2.
For more information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards