Microsoft has released security bulletin MS07-021. The security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security update. This information includes file manifest information and deployment options. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
You may experience one or more of the following symptoms after you apply security update 930178 (MS07-021):
- Consider the following scenario. On a Windows XP SP2-based computer or on a Windows 2000 SP4-based computer, you use the Certificate Import Wizard to import a certificate into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities Certificates store. In this scenario, a blank message appears. The message contains a Yes button and a No button. If you click Yes, the certificate is installed successfully. Instead of a blank message, you expect to receive the following confirmation message:
Note In this message, CAName is a placeholder for the name of the certification authority, and Certificate_Information is a placeholder for the information about the particular certificate.
You experience this problem if you run the Certificate Import Wizard by using an account that does not have Administrator rights.
- You log on to a Windows XP SP2-based portable computer by using an account that does not have Administrator rights. Then, even though the battery power is low, the text balloon warning for Low Battery Alarm does not appear in the notification area. You may still receive a yellow triangle exclamation point in the notification area. However, you may not receive the text balloon warning.
- You experience slow performance on a Windows XP SP2-based portable computer. Additionally, the computer may stop responding when the Low Battery Alarm warning occurs. This symptom occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You log on to the computer by using an account that does not have Administrator rights.
- You log on to the computer by using the Switch User option.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Several problems may occur after you apply security update 930178 (MS07-021) on a Windows XP SP2-based computer or on a Windows 2000 SP4-based computer