Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. This article describes the following information about the update:
- The improvements that are included in the update
- How to obtain the update
The Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update contains several improvements to enhance security and stability. These enhancements include fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of a computer's memory by using malicious code. Additionally, the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update includes all the improvements that were released in all previous Office 2004 for Mac updates.
Before you install the Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of Mac OS. If you want to use Spotlight, Sync Services, or smart cards, you must be running Mac OS X 10.4.3 (Tiger) or a later version.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac
on the Apple
menu, and then click More Info
Improvements that are included in the update
The Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update includes the following improvements:
Improvements for all Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac programs
- Improved security
This update fixes vulnerabilities in Office 2004 that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code.
Improvements for Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac
- Compatibility with RTF documents is improved
This update improves compatibility with recent changes to the way Rich Text Format (RTF) documents are created by Microsoft Office Word 2003 for Windows.
Improvements for Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac
- Standard deviation is calculated correctly in PivotTable reports
This update fixes an issue that causes standard deviation calculations to produce inaccurate results when the calculations are used in PivotTable reports.
Improvements for Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac
- Calendar events scheduled on or after March 11, 2007 display correctly in all calendar views
This update fixes an issue for users of Mac OS X 10.4.5 or later versions that affects calendar events when the start or the end date for daylight saving in the default time zone is changed because of an update to the Mac OS. Events that are scheduled on or after the new daylight saving start time will appear in a time slot that is one hour ahead of the original start time. This issue affects all meetings that occur on or after the new daylight saving start time. Additionally, this issue affects recurring meetings.
- Japanese postal code dictionary is updated
The Japanese postal code dictionary is updated with the latest information as of June 2006.
This update includes all the improvements released in all previous Office 2004 updates.
For more information about improvements in a previous update, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 1 (11.1.0)
Description of the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.1.1 Update
Description of Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 2 (11.2.0)
Description of the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.1 Update
Description of the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.3 Update
Description of the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.4 Update
Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.5 Security Update
Information about the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.6 Security Update
Description of the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.0 Update
Description of the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.2 Update
How to obtain the update
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Release Date: January 9, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
- The Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. On the Help menu, click Check for Updates. For more information about resources for Office 2004 for Mac, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- The Read Me file that is included with the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update includes the following important release information:
- The minimum system requirements.
- Instructions for installing the update.
- Information about how to troubleshoot problems with installing the update.
- Information about the updated files that this update adds or changes.