When you start the Microsoft SoftGrid Client service, you receive the following error message:
Could not start the SoftGrid Client service on Local Computer.
Error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
This problem occurs because one of the following conditions is true:
- This is a new installation of the SoftGrid Client, and McAfee antivirus software is installed locally.
As soon as the SoftGrid Client is rebooted, the SoftGrid Client service successfully starts.
This problem is corrected in version 18.104.22.168 and in later versions of the SoftGrid Client.
- The Icon Cache folder does not exist. This problem can occur when the Icon Cache folder was manually removed.
The Icon Cache folder does not exist
To resolve this problem, follow these steps in the SoftGrid Client.Warning
Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Start Registry Editor.
- Locate and then click the following registry key:
- Modify the String Value (REG_SZ) value that is named GlobalDataDirectory.
- Note the path that s specified in the Value Data box.
- In the Edit String dialog box, click Cancel, and then exit Registry Editor.
- In Windows Explorer, open the path that you noted in step 4.
- If the Icon Cache folder does not exist, create the folder.
- Close Windows Explorer, and then start the SoftGrid Client service.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.