The Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.4 Update contains several improvements to enhance security and stability. This includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of a computer's memory by using malicious code.
Before you install the Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.4 Update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of Mac OS.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac
on the Apple menu, and then click More Information
Additionally, the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update must be installed on the computer before you install the Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.4 Update. To verify that the Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update is installed, select the Microsoft Component Plugin
file in the Microsoft Office 2004/Office folder on the hard disk, and then click Get Info
on the File
For more information about the Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update
Improvements that are included in the update
The Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.4 Update includes the following improvements:
Improvements for all Office 2004 for Mac programs
- Security is improved
This update fixes vulnerabilities in Office 2004 that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory by using malicious code.
Improvements for Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac
- Junk e-mail filter list is updated
This update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Entourage 2004 for Mac with a more current definition of which e-mail messages are considered junk e-mail.
How to obtain the update
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.4 Update package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Release Date: February 13, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
- The Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.4 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. On the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office 2004 for Mac, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- The Read Me file that is included with the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.4 Update includes the following important release information:
- The minimum system requirements.
- Instructions for installing the update.
- Information about how to troubleshoot problems with installing the update.
- Information about the updated files that this update adds or changes.