When you install Microsoft Office Accounting Professional or Microsoft Office Accounting Express, you receive the following error message:
Microsoft Office Small Business Setup Wizard has failed to install SQL Server 2005.
Additionally, the installation error log files may contain the following error message:
Windows Error Text: Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this installation. Source File Name: sqlncli.msi
This problem occurs because another program is using the installation program, and that installation process must be completed before you can install Accounting Professional or Accounting Express.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps.
Step 1: Determine whether another program is being installed
- Click the taskbar buttons.
- If another program is being installed, make sure that the installation is complete, and then install Accounting Professional or Accounting Express.
- If no program is being installed, go to the "Step 2: End the MSI.exe process" section.
Step 2: End the MSI.exe process
- Right-click the taskbar, and then click Task Manager.
- In Windows Task Manager, click the Processes tab.
- In the program list, search for the MSI.exe process.
- End the process. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- Right-click the MSI.exe process, click End Process, and then click Yes.
- Click the MSI.exe process, click End Process, and then click Yes.
- Close Windows Task Manager.
- Install Accounting Professional or Accounting Express.