Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. This article describes the following information about the update:
- The system requirements for the update.
- The improvements that are included in the update.
- The instructions for how to obtain the update.
The Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.5 Update contains several improvements to improve security and stability. This update includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of a computer's memory by using malicious code.
Before you install the Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.5 Update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of Mac OS.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac
on the Apple
menu, and then click More Information
Improvements that are included in the update
The Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.5 Update includes the following improvements:
Improvements for all Office 2004 for Mac programs
- Security is improved.
This update fixes vulnerabilities in Office 2004 for Mac that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code.
- Performance is improved when you drag objects to program windows.
This update fixes an issue that causes an increase in the usage of system resources when you drag a file or an object to an Office 2004 for Mac program window.
Improvements for Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac
- Version numbers appear correctly.
This update fixes an issue that prevents Word 2004 for Mac from displaying its complete version number, such as 11.3.5, in the About Word dialog box.
Improvements for Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac
- Reliability is improved.
This update fixes an issue that occurs when Excel 2004 for Mac opens workbooks or other files unexpectedly after you open Excel.
Improvements for Microsoft PowerPoint 2004 for Mac
- Stability is improved.
This update fixes an issue that causes PowerPoint 2004 for Mac to close unexpectedly when you open presentations.
Improvements for Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac
- Performance is improved.
This update fixes an issue that causes Entourage 2004 for Mac to stop responding for several minutes.
How to obtain the update
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Release Date: May 8, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
- The Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.5 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. On the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office 2004 for Mac, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- The Readme file that is included with the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.5 Update includes the following important release information:
- Instructions for installing the update.
- Information about how to troubleshoot problems with installing the update.
- Information about the files that this update adds or changes.