This article lists the minimum system requirements that you must have to run Microsoft Works 9.
To run Works 9, you must have the following minimum system requirements.
- A 1.0 gigahertz (GHz) processor on Microsoft Windows XP
- A 1.6 GHz processor on Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, 32-bit editions
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1, 64-bit editions
- Windows Vista, 32-bit
- 256 megabytes (MB) on Windows XP
- 1 gigabyte (GB) on Windows Vista
- 1.5 GB on Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, or Windows Vista Ultimate
Hard disk space
- 470 MB on Windows XP
- 860 MB on Windows Vista
- A CD drive that is 4x or faster
- A 16-bit color monitor that supports a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768
- Microsoft pointing device, a Microsoft IntelliMouse pointing device, or another compatible pointing device
- Windows Installer 3.1 on Windows XP
- Windows Installer 4.0 on Windows Vista
- Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0
- 16-bit sound card with speakers or headphones
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 or a later version
- A 14,400 bps or faster modem for MSN services
Note You must have an e-mail program that is compliant with the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) and an Internet connection to use the "Send To as attachment" feature.
Note Some Works 9 features require an Internet connection. For example, you may need an Internet connection to download additional templates. You may incur additional charges from your Internet service provider or telephone company.
For more information about how to install Windows Installer on Windows XP, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Windows Installer 3.1 v2 (3.1.4000.2435) is available