Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. This article describes the following information about the update:
- The system requirements for the update.
- The improvements that are included in the update.
- The instructions about how to obtain the update.
The Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 Update fixes a vulnerability that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of a computer's memory with malicious code. This update also addresses an issue with using public folders in Microsoft Entourage. Additionally, this article contains the latest postal code information for Japanese addresses.
Before you install the Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 Update, verify that the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.5 Update
is installed on the computer. To do this, click Microsoft Component Plugin
in the Microsoft Office 2004/Office folder on the hard disk, and then click Get Info
on the File
Additionally, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of the Mac OS.Note
To verify that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of the Mac OS, click About This Mac
on the Apple
Improvements that are included in the update
The Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 Update includes the following improvements:
Improvements for Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac
- The security is improved.
This update fixes vulnerabilities in Excel 2004 that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of a computer's memory with malicious code.
Improvements for Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac
- The Microsoft Exchange public folder data loss issue is fixed.
This update fixes an issue that causes data loss when public folder users who have the "Editor" permission level or a higher permission level use Entourage to empty the cache for all public folders on a server that is running Exchange Server.
- The Japanese postal code dictionary is updated.
The Japanese postal code dictionary is updated with the latest information as of May 2007.
How to obtain the update
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 Update package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Release Date: July 10, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
- The Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. On the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office 2004 for Mac, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- The Readme file that is included with the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 Update includes the following important release information:
- Instructions for installing the update.
- Information about how to troubleshoot problems with installing the update.
- Information about the files that this update adds or changes.