Windows Vista uses a new contact manager called Windows Contacts. Windows Contacts replaces the Windows Address Book and adds new features, such as adding pictures to your contacts. Windows Contacts can import data from a Microsoft Works 9 database or from spreadsheet programs when the data is saved in the Comma Separated Values (*.csv) export format.
To save a Works 9 database or a spreadsheet as a CSV file, follow these steps:
- Start Works 9, and then open the Works database.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- Under Files of Type, click Text & Commas (*.csv).
- Type a name for the file, and then click Save.
To import CSV files into Windows Contacts, follow these steps:
- Click Start
, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Windows Contacts.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
- Click Import, and then select Comma Separated Values (*.csv).
- Click Import, locate the CSV file that you saved from Works 9, and then click Open.
- When Windows Contacts finishes the import, click OK, and then click Close.