This issue occurs when the user account that the Windows Media Center Extender uses to perform media discovery does not have access to Windows Home Server shared folders. By default, this user account does not have access to Windows Home Server shared folders.
To resolve this issue, configure the account permissions so that the account can access the Windows Home Server shared folders. To do this, follow these steps:
- On a home computer that is connected to the home network, follow these steps:
- Start the Windows Home Server console.
- Click the User Accounts tab.
- Right-click the Guest user, and then click Enable Guest Account.
- Click Next, click No Guest Password, and then click Next.
- Verify that the Guest account has Read access to the Music, Photos, and Videos shared folders, and then click Finish.
- On the Media Center Extender device, follow these steps.
Note These steps are for the Microsoft Xbox 360 and for Windows Vista Media Center. If you are using a different Media Center device, view the product documentation to determine whether the steps are different for your device.
- In the Music category of the Media Center main menu, select Music Library.
- In the Music Library view, press the X button on the Xbox 360 controller, and then select Library Setup.
- Select Add folder to watch, and then select Next.
- Select Add shared folders from another computer, and then select Next.
- Select the music, photos, and videos folders that you want to access on Windows Home Server, and then select Next.
- Click Finish.