Programs that are installed by earlier versions of Microsoft Works Suite are still available through the Works Task Launcher after you upgrade to Microsoft Works 9.
When you install Works 9 on a computer that has an earlier version of Works installed, the Works 9 installation program removes the earlier versions of Works. However, programs that were installed earlier as part of the Works Suite remain on the computer. These programs are included in the Works 9 Task Launcher. To access these programs, click the Programs
tab in the Works 9 Task Launcher.
To install a Microsoft Works Suite 2005 program or a Microsoft Works Suite 2006 program on a computer that is running Works 9, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Use the Works Suite CD
- Insert the Works Suite 2005 CD or the Works Suite 2006 CD in the CD drive or in the DVD drive.
- Locate and then double-click the CD1 folder on the Works Suite CD that you inserted.
- Double-click setup, and then click Next.
- Click I Accept, click Custom (advanced), and then click Next.
- Click Next, click Do not install in the Installation type area for the Works program, and then click Next.
- Select the installation settings for the Works Suite program that you want to install.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to install the Works Suite program.
Method 2: Use the program CD
Install the Works Suite program that you want directly from the program CD.