Microsoft has released a service pack for Microsoft Expression Blend. Expression Blend Service Pack 1 (SP1) fixes important issues in Expression Blend. Expression Blend SP1 also addresses some compatibility issues with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.
For more information about Expression Blend Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Expression Blend Service Pack 1
Issues that are fixed in this service pack
This hotfix rollup package fixes the following issues.
Visual Studio 2008 issues
- You cannot open and then work with a Visual Studio project when you create the project in Expression Blend and then you modify the project in Visual Studio 2008.
Note After you apply the service pack that is described in this article, Expression Blend will still support projects in Visual Studio 2005 format. Additionally, projects that are created in Expression Blend will be in Visual Studio 2005 format.
FIX: Error messages in Microsoft Expression Blend: "The Clipboard text could not be pasted" and "The following event handler will be copied to the clipboard"
Issues that cause Expression Blend to crash
- Expression Blend may crash when you click Advanced Property Options. This issue may occur if you click Advanced Property Options when you move the focus away from the Properties panel. For example, this issue may occur when you move the focus from the Properties panel to the Resources panel.
- Expression Blend may crash when the root element of a document has an uninvertible RenderTransform transformation. For example, this issue may occur if the ScaleX properties or the ScaleY properties of a user control are set to 0 (zero) explicitly or during an animation timeline.
- Expression Blend may crash when the Brush Transform arrow is adjusted in a control template.
- Expression Blend may crash when you skew a button.
- Expression Blend may crash when you try to use a copy-and-paste operation to copy design elements from a preview version of Expression Blend 2 into an Expression Blend project.
- Expression Blend may crash when you try to modify a template that is bound to another element.
- Expression Blend may crash when you drag Bezier-path segments over arc segments.
- Expression Blend may crash when a FlowDocument element is the root of an open .xaml file.
- Expression Blend may crash when you use the collection editor in a project that has multiple open documents.
- Expression Blend may crash when you invoke the Ungroup command on a 3D object that has no children. This issue may also occur when you invoke the Ungroup command on multiple selected objects, one of which cannot be ungrouped.
Note After you apply the service pack that is described in this article, the Ungroup command is not available on an element that has no children or that cannot be ungrouped.
- You may experience slow performance in Expression Blend if a resource dictionary has many resources.
- The value of the Clip property of a design element is incorrectly set to Null when you clear the Clip property.
- Issues may occur when you try to exit Expression Blend when Visual Studio is starting.