This article describes an update to Windows Live Sign-in Assistant that is now available through Microsoft Update. Users who installed an earlier version than version 5.0 of the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant can install the latest version through Microsoft Update. The earlier versions of Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant are versions 4.5, 4.1, and 4.0.
- In Windows XP, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Click Custom to find all the updates that are available for your computer.
- If an earlier version of the Windows Live Sign-in Assistant is installed on your computer, the Windows Live product appears in the navigation pane.
- Click Windows Live to make the Windows Live Sign-in Assistant appear as an available update.
- Click to select the check box next to Windows Live Sign-in Assistant.
- Click Review and install updates.
- To install all the listed updates, click Install Updates.
Note The update is installed on your computer together with any other updates that you select.
A new version of Windows Live Sign-in Assistant will be added to the Windows Live product family that is installed on your computer starting in February 2008. The Sign-in Assistant manages Windows Live IDs in Microsoft Internet Explorer. This update replaces the version that is currently installed on your computer.
Only computers that already have the Windows Live Sign-in Assistant will be affected by this update.
Windows Live Sign-in Assistant is distributed together with other Windows Live products. For more information about Windows Live products, visit the following Microsoft Web site: