Consider the following scenario:
- You share a calendar or a contacts folder in Microsoft Office Outlook with another user.
- You and the user who you shared the calendar or the contact folder with are Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 users.
- Both of you have the CRM Outlook client online or offline.
- The shared calendar or the shared contacts folder contains items that are tracked in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
In this scenario, the person who is viewing the shared calendar or the shared contacts folder will receive Outlook sync messages in the Sync Issues folder for their mailbox. The sync issue resembles the following:
This item was not completely updated during the last server synchronization. Click here to review other versions.
Additionally, the items may become untracked if the following conditions are true:
- The person who you shared the calendar or the contacts folder with does not track items in Outlook to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- The user has Write privileges to the shared data in Outlook.
This problem is fixed in the latest cumulative update rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 updates and hotfixes
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards