When you install Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 Reporting on a Windows Server 2008 computer, the installation fails. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
The setup wizard was interrupted before Operations Manager 2007 could be installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.
Additionally, the installation log may contain information that resembles the following:
SetSRSSecurityCA error: Invalid namespace .
StackTrace: at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.Initialize(Boolean getObject)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject inParameters, InvokeMethodOptions options)
at Microsoft.Reporting.Setup.ReportingManagedCAs.RestartAppPool(String appPoolName)
at Microsoft.Reporting.Setup.ReportingManagedCAs.SetSRSSecurityCA(Session session)
MSI (s) (BC:70) NOTE: custom action _SetSRSSecurityCA unexpectedly closed the hInstall handle (type MSIHANDLE) provided to it. The custom action should be fixed to not close that handle.
This problem occurs because the required Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Management Compatibility components are not installed on the Windows Server 2008 computer.
To resolve this problem, install IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility by using the Server Manager console. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
- In the console tree, expand Roles, right-click Web Server (IIS), and then click Add Role Services.
- In the Role services list, find the IIS 6 Management Compatibility node.
- Under the IIS 6 Management Compatibility node, click to select the IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility check box and the IIS 6 WMI Compatibility check box.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Close to exit the Add Role Services wizard.
For more information about deployment of Operations Manager 2007 Reporting, visit the following Microsoft TechNet Web site: