You cannot use Microsoft Office Outlook as expected until all Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 add-ins are loaded. Therefore, if you perform an action in Outlook, the action may not finish until another add-in performs an action.
problem occurs in the following products:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- The Service Provider License Agreement (SPLA) version of
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
This problem is fixed in the latest cumulative update rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 updates and hotfixes
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
in the "Applies to" section.
When you install this hotfix individually, it enables the following registry subkey:
When this fix is installed as part of an update rollup, you must enable the fix manually. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry key:
- Right-click MSCRMClient, click New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DelayUIDuringAddinInit for the name.
- Right-click DelayUIDuringAddinInit, and then click Modify.
- Type 1 for the value data.
For more information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software
updates, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard
terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming