Consider the following scenario:
- Your Offline Address Book (OAB) generation server is Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- Web-based distribution is enabled.
- You try to synchronize the OAB in
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
In this scenario, you may receive the following error message:
Task 'e-mail address' reported
error (0X80190193): 'The operation failed.'
This problem occurs if Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is
enabled in the OAB directory in Internet Information
Services (IIS) Manager.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- On the server that is running Exchange 2007 Client Access Server (CAS) and that
hosts the OAB Web-based distribution point, click Start, click
Run, and then type inetmgr.
- Expand Web Site, and then expand
Default Web Site.
- Right-click the OAB virtual directory, and then select
- On the Directory Security tab, under the
Secure Communications field, click
- Click to clear the Require secure channel
(SSL) check box,
and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type
SSL is not required on the OAB virtual directory for
domain-connected clients. This is because SSL is not required to download files
only. This is the opposite of the default setting for the other Exchange
services virtual directories.