On a computer that is running Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server, the FSCController.exe process may stop and then restart, or it may stop responding. You may also experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- E-mail notifications from Forefront Security for Exchange Server stop working.
- The Transport scan job goes into a "bypass" state.
- The Forefront Security for Exchange Server Administrator stops responding, and an "unable to retrieve language information about FSE server" message appears at the bottom of the screen.
- When the FSCController.exe process restarts, it generates an error that has a 0xc0000374 exception code.
- The following message is logged in the ProgramLog.txt file:
The MS Information Store is running but the Forefront VSAPI Library is not registered
This issue occurs because you use incorrect syntax when you configure notifications in Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
The following is a sample message body of a notification template. In this example, Sender: "%ISName%ESName%%"
is incorrect syntax. There should not be an additional "%" at the end of the line. The correct syntax is Sender: "%ISName%ESName%"
Filter name: "%Filter%"
Subject Line: "%Message%"
Location: "%Company%/%Site%/%Server% (%Folder%)"
To resolve the problem, correct the syntax in notifications.
This issue is resolved in Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 2 (SP2). To prevent syntax errors, install this service pack.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Forefront Security for Exchange Server with Service Pack 2