Consider the following scenario:
- In Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or in Microsoft SQL Server 2005, you design a query by using the Report Model Query Designer in Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- In the Report Model Query Designer, you add some fields into some entity groups.
- You add a filter to the query.
- You add an aggregate value on a field.
- The subtotal is not shown for the field.
In this scenario, the aggregate value is incorrect. The aggregate value is not affected by the filter.
This problem occurs because the Report Model Query Designer creates an incorrect query when the subtotal is not shown for a field that is included in an entity group.
Service pack information
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008
To work around this problem, show the subtotal for the field on which you add an aggregate value.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. This problem was first corrected in SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1.
By default, the subtotal for a field is shown in Report Builder 1.0. By default, the subtotal for a field is not shown in the following products:
- Report Builder 2.0
- The Report Model Query Designer in SQL Server 2005 and in SQL Server 2008
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates