Service Pack 1 for Sybari Antigen 8.0 for IM and Service Pack 1 for Sybari Antigen 8.0 for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server include the following new features:
- All scan engines update directly from the Microsoft.com Web site because the Sybari.com site is being decommissioned. The new Network Update path is as follows:
- Available scan engines will be updated to reflect only the new set of supported engines. Any unsupported engines are automatically removed from the Antigen Administrator during the upgrade. The remaining supported scan engines are as follows:
- Authentium Command
- Norman Data Defense
- Virus Buster
- The Network Update Path for your remaining scan engines are automatically overwritten and replaced with the new URL during the upgrade. If you use a custom update path such as UNC for your engine updates, it will be overwritten with the new URL. Therefore, you will have to manually change it back to the custom path after the upgrade.
- Deployment of the service pack is supported by using the Antigen Central Manager (ACM) only.
- By default, on upgrade, the newly added scan engines are scheduled to update. However, they are set to update with the default schedule of "daily" with no repeats.
Note If any of the engines were previously scheduled for anything other than the default, they will be reset to the default schedule of "daily." To set them back to a custom schedule, you must do so manually.
- Newly added engines automatically point to the Microsoft Web site for engine updates. You do not have to manually change the Network Update Path.
- If you previously had only the Sophos, CA, and AhnLab engines selected for the scan jobs, after you upgrade to the service pack, these engines are removed from the user interface, and the new engines are selected by default.
- If you use Templates to deploy Scanner Update settings, these templates will keep the outdated Engine Update Path. You must manually change your Template to point to the new update path, which is as follows:
To view the Antigen Privacy Statement, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about the antivirus scan engine, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
How to install the service packs
You can use the service packs as a new install of the product, or you can install them on top of your existing Antigen 8.0 for IM or Antigen 8.0 for SharePoint installation as an upgrade.
To install a service pack, follow these steps:
- Run the installer by double-clicking the service pack executable file.
Note When the installer is running, the IM or SharePoint and Antigen services are stopped.
After the installation is complete and the IM or SharePoint and Antigen services are restarted, verify that Antigen is working correctly. All services are restarted automatically during the installation.