Consider the following scenario:
- You have an intranet application that is published by using Forms Based Authentication and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) authentication in Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010.
- You enable the Allow users to change their password option in the Web listener.
- You try to log on to the intranet application by using an expired password. Then, you are redirected to the Change Password form Web page.
- You try to change the password. However, you type an incorrect password in the Old Password box.
In this scenario, you cannot re-type the old password. Therefore, you cannot change the password. Additionally, you stay in the Change Password form
This problem occurs when the following conditions are true:
- The hotfix that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 959357 is installed on the ISA Server 2006 server or Forefront TMG 2010.
- The Allow users to change their password option is enabled in the Web listener.
The supported fix for Forefront TMG 2010 is included in Forefront TMG 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Service pack information
This problem is fixed in Forefront TMG 2010 Service Pack 1.
For more information about how to obtain Forefront TMG 2010 Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
List of problems that are fixed in Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Service Pack 1
Hotfix rollup information
To resolve this problem, install the hotfix package that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Description of the ISA Server 2006 hotfix package: February 22, 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. This problem was first corrected in Forefront TMG 2010 Service Pack 1.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the ISA Server 2006 hotfix package: October 29, 2008
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates