You receive an error in PowerPoint when you try to open a presentation. When you let PowerPoint repair the error it causes PowerPoint to crash or stop working. PowerPoint may also be blocking linked images or content.
Detailed error information
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Follow these simple steps to work around this issue:
- When you are prompted to update links, do not click Update Links. Instead, click Cancel.
- On the File tab, click Save as, and then save the presentation into a different folder.
- On the File tab, click Close.
- On the File tab, click Open, and then open the new copy of the presentation.
- You are prompted to update the presentation links. Click Update Links.
- After PowerPoint finishes trying to update the links, you receive the following message:
- Click OK.
- Click the File tab, and then click Edit Links to Files in the Related Documents area.
- In the Links dialog box, select the link that you want to reestablish, and then click one of the following:
- Update Now. Use this to update the link to the OLE object or picture file.
- Change Source. Use this to change the source location for the OLE object or picture file.
- Break Link. Use this to break the link to the source file for the OLE object. Before you can break the link to a picture file, you must reestablish the link. Then, you can embed the picture into the presentation.
- Save the presentation after you have edited all the broken links in the presentation.