In most cases the automatic text-wrap feature in Microsoft Publisher will
prevent text from overlapping. It is possible to create the effect of
overlapped or superimposed text; however, the text must be
in separate text frames.
To achieve the effect of overlapping text boxes, follow these steps:
- Draw a text frame in your publication, and insert your text.
- On the Format menu, click Text Frame Properties.
- Click to clear the Wrap Text Around Objects check box, and click OK.
- Draw a second text frame that overlaps the first. Insert your text.
- To format the frame as transparent, press CRTL+T.