When you try to synchronize a Handspring Visor handheld device with Entourage 2001, you may receive the following error message:
Error 16385 handheld data corrupted
This behavior can be caused by one or more of the following circumstances:
- The Palm Desktop software is a version that is incompatible with Entourage.
- The Entourage identity and the Visor user name do not match.
- The Entourage database needs to be compressed or is damaged.
- The conduit settings are incorrect.
- The cables that connect the cradle and the computer are not secure.
- The data stored on the Handspring Visor is damaged.
To resolve this behavior, try the following suggestions:
- Verify that the Palm Desktop software is the correct version for the Visor. To do this, visit the following Handspring Web site: This site contains helpful information and downloads of the Desktop software. For some downloads, you need the serial number of your Handspring Visor.
- Verify that your Entourage identity and your Visor user name match.
- Rebuild the database in Entourage. For additional information about how to rebuild a database in Entourage, click the article number below
to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
ENT2001: How to Rebuild Your Identity Database in Entourage
- Verify that the Entourage conduits are installed from the Value Pack.
- Verify that the conduit settings are correct:
- Start HotSync Manager.
- On the HotSync menu, click Conduit Settings.
- Verify that the settings are correct.
- Verify that all cable and cradle contacts are secure.
- Perform a hard reset on the device. A hard reset erases all of the data from the handheld device, except the operating system. Contact Handspring for assistance.
For information about how to contact Handspring, click the appropriate article number in the following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, A-K60781
Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, L-P60782
Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, Q-Z
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.